Microsoft has announced that its Office 2019 suite to be available in the second half of 2018 and it will only work on Windows 10 operating system.
Following notes company wrote in a blog post late on Thursday:
- Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
- Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
- Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
- The next LTSC release of Windows Server
- The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.
Office 2019 will ship under a separate term with a reduced extended support period:
- Office 2019 will provide 5 years of mainstream support and approximately 2 years of extended support. This is an exception to our Fixed Lifecycle Policy to align with the support period for Office 2016. Extended support will end 10/14/2025.
- There is no change to the support term for existing versions of Office.