Make some test on laboratory we need to virtualize a machine on another virtual machine.
When make the installation of Hyper-V on virtual machine, we get error “Hyper-V can not be installed: The hypervisor is already running.”
We can install Hyper-V with PowerShell, But we are not able to start the virtual machines.
Follow steps below for install Hyper-V :
- Open Powershell and run command below to installs only the hypervisor:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature –Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V –All -NoRestart
2. To install the administration tools(RSAT tools )run command below:
Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-Hyper-V-Tools -IncludeAllSubFeature
3. Installing the feature Multipath-IO run command below:
4. Installing all Windows Cluster features run command below:
Install-WindowsFeature RSAT-Clustering –IncludeAllSubFeature
5. Once all done run Restart-Computer command for restart VM.
After the restart the VM you can now seee that the console Hyper-V has been installed and you can start to test their laboratories.