Today we will look at to installing Edge Transport role on Exchange 2013 server.
The computer you want to use install Exchange 2013 Edge Transport role has specific prerequisites that must be met.
- Open Windows PowerShell and Run the following command to install the required Windows component.
2. After you’ve installed the operating system roles and features, install the following software in the order shown:
3. Now we can install Exchange 2013 Edge Transport role. Open Exchange installation files and click the Setup file to start installation, click next:
Wait for Copying files:
4. Click Next on Introduction Page:
5. Accept the license agreement and click Next:
6. Click Next:
7. Select Edge Transport role and click Next:
8. Click Next:
9. After completed Readiness Check, Click Install:
The installation started….
10. After Setup Completed Click Finish to complete installation.
11. After installed Edge Transport role We need to create edge subscription to use this edge server. To do that Open Powershell and type command below:
New-EdgeSubscription -FileName "C:\EdgeSubscriptionInfo.xml" -Force
12. After successfully created edge subscription go to mailbox role installed server and run following command to import that subscription,
New-EdgeSubscription -FileData ([byte]$(Get-Content -Path “C:\EdgeSubscriptionInfo.xml” -Encoding Byte -ReadCount 0)) -Site “Default-First-Site-Name” -CreateInternetSendConnector $true -CreateInboundSendConnector $true
Then type Start-EdgeSynchronization to start edgesync.
13. If you migrate to Exchange 2013 then you can remove old edge transport server with the following command: